Search Academic Publications:
- (2022) "Local Explanations via Necessity and Sufficiency: Unifying Theory and Practice", Minds and Machines. Springer Science and Business Media LLC. 32 (1) 185-218.
- (2022) "“Ask yourself WHY you want to track yourself”: Co-Designing a Self-Tracking Guide with Teenagers", CHI ’22 Extended Abstracts, April 29–May 05, 2022, New Orleans, LA, USA. ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), New Orleans, LA, USA, 30 April – 5 May 2022. Association for Computer Machinery.
- (2022) Hatemoji: A Test Suite and Adversarially-Generated Dataset for Benchmarking and Detecting Emoji-based Hate. 2022 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL 2022), Hybrid: Seattle, Washington, USA + Online, 10 – 15 July 2022. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- (2022) "Do Microcredentials Help New Workers Enter the Market? Evidence from an Online Labor Platform", Journal of Human Resources.
- (2022) "Avoiding GIGO: Learnings from data collection in innovation research", Social Networks. 69 3-13.
- (2022) "Tackling racial bias in automated online hate detection: Towards fair and accurate detection of hateful users with geometric deep learning", EPJ DATA SCIENCE. 11 (1).
- (2022) "Optimal lockdown policy for vaccination during COVID-19 pandemic", Finance Research Letters. 45 102123.
- (2022) "No effect of different types of media on well-being.", Scientific Reports. 12 (1) 61.
- (2022) "The CoRisk-Index: a data-mining approach to identify industry-specific risk perceptions related to Covid-19", Humanities and Social Sciences Communications. 9 (1).
- (2022) "Windows of developmental sensitivity to social media.", Nature Communications. 13 (1) 1649.
- (2022) Smart Cities: Mapping their Ethical Implications.
- (2022) The UK Reform of Data Protection: Impact on Data Subjects, Harm Prevention, and Regulatory Probity.
- (2022) The epistemological foundations of data science: a critical analysis.
- (2022) Artificial Intelligence with American Values and Chinese Characteristics: A Comparative Analysis of American and Chinese Governmental AI Policies.
- (2022) The Digital Services Act: An Analysis of Its Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications.
- (2022) "Utilising a Critical Realist Lens to Conceptualise Digital Inequality: The Experiences of Less Well-Off Internet Users", Social Science Computer Review. 089443932110696.
- (2022) "Conceptual challenges for interpretable machine learning", Synthese. 200 (2).
- (2022) "Digitisation and Sovereignty in Humanitarian Space: Technologies, Territories and Tensions", Geopolitics.
- (2022) "Autonomous weapon systems and jus ad bellum", AI & SOCIETY.
- (2022) Brevi riflessioni su cultura e digitale 2011-2021 (In a Few Words - Brief Reflections on Culture and Digital 2011-2021 in Poche Battute).
- (2022) On the Future of Artificial Intelligence - An Article in Honour of Susan Haack, for Her Festschrift.
- (2022) Sull’Urgenza Della Filosofia: In Dialogo Con Massimo Durante (On the Urgency of Philosophy: in Dialogue with Massimo Durante).
- (2022) Luciano Floridi - Capitolo dal libro AA.VV., Cervelli in Fuga - Storie di menti italiane fuggite all'estero, a cura di Augusto Palombini, Avverbi Editore, 2001. Prefazione di Piero Angela, introduzione di Burton Richter. [Brain Drain] (Chapter from the book AA.VV., Cervelli in Fuga - Stories of Italian minds who fled abroad, edited by Augusto Palombini, Avverbi Editore, 2001. Preface by Piero Angela, introduction by Burton Richter. [Brain Drain]).
- (2022) "How to counter moral evil: Paideia and Nomos", Philosophy and Technology. 35 (1).
- (2022) capAI - A Procedure for Conducting Conformity Assessment of AI Systems in Line with the EU Artificial Intelligence Act.
- (2022) "Globalisation, media trust, and populism: A comparative study of the US and Germany", International Communication Gazette. 174804852210881.
- (2022) "Protecting health privacy through reasonable inferences", The American Journal of Bioethics.
- (2022) "The Economy of Waste", Philosophy and Technology. 35 (2).
- (2022) "Rethinking AI for Good Governance", Daedalus. 151 (2) 360-371.
- (2022) "Review of Juliet Schor (2020). After the gig: How the sharing economy got hijacked and how to win it back. University of California Press.", The British Journal of Sociology. Wiley. 73 (2) 461-463.
- (2022) Digital Turbulence: Building a democratic society in times of digital turmoil. Israel Public Policy Institute (IPPI), Heinrich Böll Stiftung Tel Aviv.
- (2022) Stochastic Causal Programming for Bounding Treatment Effects.
- (2022) Data Science vs Putin: How much does each of us pay for Putin's war?.